From Tekkenpedia EnglishEdit
|Voiced By||Takeshi Aono|
|Fighting Style||Mishima Style Fighting Karate (三島流空手) combined with demonic powers|
|Height||6'10" in possessed form|
|Weight||236 lbs (17 Stone)|
|Occupation||Founder of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Was CEO prior to the events of the first Tekken and again in T5 / T5: DR.|
|Hobby||Spending time with Kazuya ever since he was a child (As seen in Kazuya's T5 ending)|
|Likes||His best friend, his great grandson and his grandson|
|Dislikes||Heinous Manners, evil, and his son.|
Jinpachi Mishima is the final boss in Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. In both games, Jinpachi is unplayable. However, Jinpachi is a playable character in the PlayStation 3 release of Dark Resurrection, which is called Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online and also in the upcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Jinpachi is the original founder of the Mishima Zaibatsu and the one who eventually announced The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. After Heihachi Mishima betrayed him and stole the Mishima Zaibatsu from him, Jinpachi was imprisoned in an underground prison for 50 years. He escaped when an explosion broke the seal restraining him and he managed to break free from his prison. He gains inhuman strength because he becomes possessed by an evil force.
On Twitter, many fans ask the Tekken creator (Katsuhiro Harada) of Jinpachi and the Devil Gene. Harada stated that Jinpachi didn't possess the Devil Gene and that a revengeful ghost possessed him. Interesting though, in both console versions of Tekken 5, Jinpachi's ending it states that he's possessed by the Devil. Also, in his interlude with Heihachi, Heihachi states that his father has the Devil's blood. This could be a plot hole or error. Namco could have changed the story in the development of Tekken 6. However, it has yet to be explained. At the end of Tekken 5, Jin Kazama kills Jinpachi and he actually thanks him for his actions.
Jinpachi uses an array of unblockable moves in Tekken 5. One of his unblockable attacks is a fireball that Jinpachi fires from the mouth in his abdomen. Jinpachi will usually fire only one fireball, but he can fire two or more if his opponent is close enough to him. The fireball(s) are best avoided by sidestepping or by laying down on the ground, but can be evaded by other means. He is also able to disrupt an opponent by using a move that stuns their motion, regardless of the opponent being on the ground or airborn. This move leaves the opponent open to any attack Jinpachi decides to throw at them. Jinpachi also has a move in which he absorbs a small part of his opponent's health. Also, after his opponent is launched, he can strike with three Electric Wind Godfists.
- Jinpachi cannot be unlocked as a playable character in the PS2 and PSP versions of Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, but this can be achieved by using a cheating device, such as a GameShark.
- When Jinpachi's name is written in Japanese, it is 三島 仁八(Mishima Jinpachi in Kanji) or みしま じんぱち(Mishima Jinpachi in Hiragana).
- Jinpachi shares the same interlude with the majority of the playable characters. The only characters whose interlude with Jinpachi are different are Wang Jinrei, Ling Xiaoyu, Kazuya Mishima, Heihachi Mishima, Asuka Kazama, Jin Kazama, Devil Jin, Lei Wulong, Jack-5, Paul Phoenix, Marshall Law, Julia Chang, Lili, Ganryu, Feng Wei, and Raven since their storyline is greatly affected by him.
- Jinpachi is hard to defeat (by the stated opinions of various Tekken fans) in all of the Tekken franchise; he is capable of stunning opponents with an unblockable stun and he also possesses a "line-filling" demonic inferno attack that can't be blocked, but dodged by side-stepping or other unique moves. He is aggressive and is quite difficult to defeat. However, he lost the title of the most difficult to the Tekken 6 boss, Azazel.
- Although Jinpachi is not playable in Tekken 5 or the PSP version of Dark Resurrection, his scenes are shown in Theater mode.
- Jinpachi does not have the Devil Gene like many fans have believed as stated by Harada on his Twitter page.
- In Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection for the PS3 Jinpachi Mishima is playable.
- When Jinpachi throws a fireball accurately, you will hear the opponent's K.O. scream just like Nina's Sadistic Cupid.
- In Heihachi's epilogue, Jinpachi says Jin's name before lift off. In one of Jin's interludes, Jinpachi asks Jin who he is and Jin says his full name and he was part of Jinpachi's family.
- Jinpachi makes cameo on the console version of Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion wearing a Kabuki cloth with his friend Wang for a while and is mentioned in Wang's ending. He is reunited with Wang when he apparently dies. This ending is most likely non-canon fortunally.
- Jinpachi has very similar look's to his son, Heihachi.
Gallery - Outfit CG Art of Jinpachi Mishima in Tekken 5.Jinpachi Mishima emerging out of the flames of Hon-Maru after the explosion during the opening for Tekken 5.Jinpachi in his T5: DR "Devil" form (left) and Jinpachi in his T5 "Devil" form (right).Jinpachi Mishima.Jinpachi Mishima, the founder of the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Jinpachi was once a renowned martial arts master, famous throughout the world. However, after being betrayed by his son, Heihachi Mishima, he lost the Mishima Zaibatsu and faded into obscurity. As Heihachi began to steer the Mishima Zaibatsu into the military industry, Jinpachi plotted a coup d'etat, but he failed and was imprisoned in an underground prison.
For 40 long years, Jinpachi remained imprisoned until the prison seal restraining him weakened after a tremor, coming from the explosion above him after some Jack-4s attacked his grandson, and his son. Jinpachi, filled with inhuman strength, unleashed all of his power and broke free.
Jinpachi, surrounded by an evil aura, grinned devilishly as his eyes glowed a fiery red.
Jinpachi The Final TransformationEdit
Jinpachi sadly says, "It looks like nobody was able to stop me." Jinpachi sheds a tear that appears to be blood. The spikes on his back grow longer, and the spikes in his arms grow longer. Jinpachi screams for a while. Jinpachi causes a huge explosion. A beam is shown shooting towards the sky. A black screen is shown, and words (in white) say, "Jinpachi's mind is consumed by the devil as he reaches his final transformation. The world will never be the same."
You can unlock this video by either buying it on PSP version, or letting Jinpachi kill you in last round and not to retry (wait till the 10 seconds continue countdown).
Jinpachi moves around and screams, writhing in pain, for a while before dissolving into dust and disappearing.
Gallery - Outfit Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Jinpachi (left) and Tekken 5 Jinpachi (right).CG Art of Jinpachi Mishima in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.Jinpachi Mishima.Jinpachi Mishima's storyline is unchanged between Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
Pre-fight and Win AnimationsEdit
- Jinpachi spreads his arms to his sides while laughing as the camera slowly closes in on his face.
- Note: This is only for Tekken 5.
- Jinpachi slowly rises from a crouching position until he is completely standing up.
- Jinpachi spreads his arms out to his sides and lets out a long and loud roar.
2: Jinpachi extends one of his arms towards the screen and says, "Die!".
- Father of Heihachi Mishima, whom he battled, and was defeated by and imprisoned by decades before the first Tekken.
- Father-in-law of Kazumi Mishima.
- Grandfather of Kazuya Mishima.
- Adoptive grandfather of Lee Chaolan.
- Half-Grandfather of Lars Alexandersson.
- Great-Grandfather of Jin Kazama, who he was defeated and killed by in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 which Jinpachi thanked him for.
- Best friend of Wang Jinrei.
- Had control over the Tekken Force in Tekken 5 / Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, although he didn't use them for anything.
- His evil woke Mokujin in Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
- Had control over the Mishima Industries Tekken 5 / Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, although he didn't use that for anything either.